Rewind the clock...a personal post

If there was some sort of time machine I could rewind to 10 years ago, I would have told myself to hang on. I would have told myself it was going to be a crazy, wild, but yet beautifully magnificent ride, and so worth it. I was at a dark place. Within a year, I got dropped out of college, moved back home, gotten pregnant, and was alone. But out of that dark place, I became a stronger, hard-working, determined person. While pregnant, I worked 3 jobs, and struggled to stay afloat. On January 20th 2005, my gorgeous baby boy was born.
It's hard to believe 10 years have flown by. I became the person I am today because of the decision I made after having my sweet boy. I no longer was going to feel sorry for myself. I was no longer going to be ok with just getting by. I was going to make that change. I was going to break the cycle and show and prove to myself and my son that it could be done. After Karter was born, I could no longer afford to maintain my apartment. I could no longer work 3 jobs, I had to care for my son. I still worked 2 jobs, with the help of my family taking care of my baby. I had to move back in with my mother. I had to get rid of my amazing dog, Barley. I still think about him, wonder if he's still alive, he was a boxer and would have been about 13ish years old. He was there for me the many nights I cried and found myself questioning why is the point? It was hard to get rid of him, but I couldn't bring him to live with me at my mothers house, she had a dog that didn't get along with other dogs. Moving back in with my mother, meant I also moved back in with my 17 year old brother and sister. It was very tough. At one point in my life, I thought I was the best, very arrogant. Having my son at age 21 and being a single mom changed me in every single way possible. When my son, Karter was about 18 months old, I met my husband. 
Chris was the father my son never had. He was and still is amazing. I just knew that he was the one. 
If you are reading this, please remember, if you aren't happy with your life--you are the only one that can change that! Believe me, if I can go back to school, while planning a wedding, and having 3 children under the age of 5----ANY ONE can chase and catch that dream!!!

So in honor of my blessing Karter James, I am having a sale in my store, everything 20% off. Go check it out, and don't ever forget, you can make that change!!
Momma with a Teaching Mission TpT Store

Take care!!

No comments

Back to Top