Worship Wednesday 3/4/15

I am linking up with my girl from Adventures of a Schoolmarm for another Worship Wednesday.




If you follow me on instagram (@ebersmel) you have seen this post. But it was just oo good of a verse NOT to post for Worship Wednesday!
So this verse comes from Philippians 4:4-7. I'm sure you have seen the post on facebook, "What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for yesterday."



Every night I pray with my kids. We do the same routine. Read a chapter of our book. I sing You are my sunshine. Then we pray. I normally start the prayer, then one of my babes will take over. It's so funny, because I guess I pray for the same things every night, that it is now to the point where Katie (age 7) and Christopher (age 5) will pray for those things they've heard me say over and over again.




It's so easy in the world that we live to worry. I worry every single second of every day. I worry about the strangest things. I worry about my children. I worry about my parents. I worry about my husband. I worry about my grandparents, my brother, and sister. I worry about my friends who I haven't seen in years. I worry about the children that I teach. I worry about my school. I worry about my country, and the president, and the soldiers that I don't even know who are risking their lives to protect our country.

None of these things are in my control. So I pray about it. We pray about it. I have taught my children to pray about it. I thank God for all the blessing he has given me.

I have always prayed for 4 children. After Christopher, when I decided to go back to school, I knew it would be a few years until I finished my degree, when we would be able to try for another child. During my student teaching I found out I was pregnant. I was so happy!! Only to find out I had miscarried 6 weeks into the pregnancy. I prayed, thanked God for the children I had, but didn't understand why I had lost my baby. Quickly, I got pregnant again, only to miscarriage for a 2nd time in 4 months. I was scared to try again. I continued to pray, yet confused as to why or what was wrong with me. In March of 2013 I found out I was pregnant again. I was scared to take a pregnancy test, or call the doctor to make my first appointment, in fear and superstitious that this would somehow cause me to miscarry. Ridiculous I know, but I couldn't explain why I had miscarried twice before. It wasn't until my college graduation at the end of May (when I was around 20 weeks) that my husband and I told family members. I did take a pregnancy test, and go to the doctor. I continued to faithfully pray that this pregnancy would deliver a healthy baby. To be honest, my entire pregnancy I really tried to brace myself for the worst. I worried. I should have put my faith in God. In November 2013, I delivered a perfect baby girl. Alexa Grace is now 15 months old. I know that God sent her to me. She is an angel. I also know that one day I will meet my other babies in heaven.

I pray everyday. I pray for the things God has blessed me with. I also ask God to bless my family. I pray for the things I worry about. I try to not worry about the things that are out of my control. I try to give them to God and let it be. God knows the purpose. God knows why you are going through what you are going through. I encourage you to have a conversation with God. Talk to him, he will listen.

God Bless YOU!


No comments

Back to Top