Building Blocks of B2S Week 1 : Meet the Teacher

I am linking up with the fabulous Stephanie from Mrs. D's Corner for a fabulous four week linky. All about the building block of back to school! Absolutely perfect for the month of August!

So this week's linky is about Meet the Teacher. My name is Melanie. I am 32 years old. I teach in Maryland, and live in Pennsylvania (right over the MD line). We live in the country!! This is a view from our front yard.

I am getting ready to start my 3rd year teaching. I teach 1st grade. I absolutely love it. I have always wanted to be a teacher. I would teach my cabbage patch dolls when I was a kid in my basement :) This year I will only be teaching literacy (reading, writing, social studies integrated, and our phonics program) to 2 groups of kiddos.This is our 'scroll' for the upcoming 1st marking period. If you and your team doesn't scroll, I highly recommend it! We start out with the major standards and then weave in the minor standards, and then we think about assessments. It's not until after all that do we think about themes and texts we are going to use. It's a very different way of planning, but I love it!

I am a mother of 4 amazing kids! Karter is going into 5th grade, Katie is going into 2nd grade, Christopher is going into KG, and Alexa is almost 2 years old!! They are my world!

I have an amazing husband. Not only is he a great husband and super supportive of my blogging/TpT journey, BUT he is a wonderful father. I met Chris when Karter was about 18 months old. Chris is the only father Karter has ever known. I prayed that God would bless me with a partner to help me raise my son, and he really did!

As much as my husband is supportive of my hobbys :) I am also supportive of him and his hobby! He races every weekend (March-October) at a dirt track in Hagerstown, Maryland. If you follow me on IG you probably have seen me post some pictures from the race track :) We pretty much live there every Saturday night!








So that's me! Well pretty much :) I thought I'd also leave you a little something you could use on your Meet the Teacher or Back to School Night! Hopefully you utilize your volunteers or parents--here is a freebie you could use! Utilize your Volunteers




Check out the schedule here, and check back each week to read all about it!



No comments

Back to Top