All Things Bulletin Boards

I am linking up with Angie from Lucky Little Learners and Ashley from Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd for their monthly #2getherwearebetter linky party! And this month is all about bulletin boards!


I know I am preaching to the choir, but where has summer gone!! Before I knew it, it was July 27th, and I had to start summer school!! During my break time at summer school, and before and after summer school in the mornings and afternoons, I've been in my room trying to get something accomplished!! So I have a total of 5 bulletin boards in my room. Two square ones in the front on the sides of my large whiteboard, a square one on the side of my room by the windows. Then I have 2 large rectangular bulletin boards in the back of my room.

So, I really don't have a 'theme'. I like colors, so my room is a mix of black/white/pink/bright blue. My bulletin boards are decorated with fabrics from Hobby Lobby with an array of those 4 colors. My borders I ordered from Amazon. This bulletin board has my 14 kiddos names on them and says "Look at the gems in 1st grade". Our kiddos don't have cubbies, but have lockers outside our classroom in the hallway. So also on their lockers will be these gems with their names on them. I've done different name tags over the past 2 years---owls and boho birds. But this year I liked this look of the gems.


So #letsbereal, these two bulletin boards are fantastic. BUT, I haven't done anything with them (not counting the fabric and border). This year I will be teaching 2 different groups of kiddos for literacy (reading/writing/social studies integrated/and our phonics program- Fundations), so I was thinking one of the boards to display the one class' student work, and the other to display the other class'. In the past 2 years, I've used one of these boards to display our daily 5 and CAFE materials.

This is my bulletin board in the front of the room. There is one that is identical to this on the other side of the whiteboard (which is to the right of this picture). Being that I teach a scripted phonics program, we are given quite a few posters. So normally these 2 square bulletin boards are displaying different Fundations posters. However, this year, I have this moveable display to house the posters. So I need YOUR input!?!? What should I put on this square bulletin board? And what should I put on the identical one that is on the other side of the white board.

I would love to have everything ready in my room, including my bulletin boards, but I just haven't had the time to get in there and get it done! Between teaching summer school, 4 kiddos and their activities, and product creation for the upcoming school year----my room has been pushed to the back burner!! So I will be in over-drive the next few weeks to get it done! Kids return August 19th!!

Make sure to check out all the other great blog posts about bulletin boards!! And help a sister out--comment with what I should use the front 2 square bulletin boards for!! I NEED YOU!! :D

Wishing you a great school year!



3 comments

  1. Hi Melanie,

    Cute boards! I'm a new follower. I just posted on the same linky and I put in some ideas on my blog that I've used in the past for some Community Bulletin Boards that could be cute. Can't wait to see what you use them for. I love Daily 5. Have you enjoyed using it?

    All the best,
    Laura
    Ms. Pretzel's 2nd Grade Bugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie,
    Your room looks awesome! I love how colorful it is! I also admire your ability to hang chevron fabric. Your looks so straight! Thank you for sharing!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the chevron fabric! It's soooo expensive though when I've shopped for it! It still really brightens up the room though! Great boards!!!

    -Jessica
    The Whimsical Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top