Worship Wednesday 2/25/14

I am linking up with my friend Adventures of a School Marm for Worship Wednesday. And Beth, if you read this, I just want to say thank you for starting this. It is a great idea, and I hope to participate in this every week. If not to inspire others, than to at least inspire myself :D

So this week, is a crazy busy week! At school, I had a meeting during my planning time, I had a committee meeting after school. I had to rush home to get my oldest from basketball, get the others from daycare. Made some delicious salmon. Then come to find Alexa (the baby) is still not getting better from the ear infection that the doctor gave her antibiotics for last Wednesday. So then had to call the nurse, appointment made for tomorrow. Had to clean up dinner. Gave all 4 kids baths. Cuddled with Alexa (which is never long enough). Started a load of laundry. And I looked at the clock and it was already 9:00!! WHAT?!?! The kiddos should be in bed by 8!! And I still had to read, sing, and pray! So got them in bed, read a chapter of "Missing Magic", sang 'you are my sunshine' (I sing it every night), then prayed. Well I started the pray, but then my 5 year old Christopher kind of takes over and prays for all the babies in heaven :) Seriously I have to record it, it is the most precious thing. Brings me to tears every time.

WOW! Are you exhausted from reading that?!? LOL. Seriously. welcome.to.my.world.

So anyway, I logged onto FB, and remember tomorrow is Worship Wednesday!! SHOOT! I didn't have a scripture or verse picked out. So I skimmed pinterest and this just spoke to me.

Isaiah 43:2 "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you."

Man, the just resonates with me. In all the choas, and in reality, my life now is far from choas, he is with me.

A brief back story. I was a depressed 20 year old kid, who refused to grow up. I dropped out of college and blamed everything on my parents divorce. I hung out with people that weren't the best choices, and made decisions that probably weren't the greatest either. BUT...he was with me. God had a bigger plan in mind. At the time I had no idea. The best thing that could have ever happened to me at that point did--I got pregnant. I was a single mom. My son's father was a deadbeat and not in his life. At the time, I asked God WHY?? Why me?? I didn't understand. How did I get here, why was I having to raise this child on my own. I was working 3 jobs. I was a college drop out. I was a single mom. It seriously was looking grim. But GOD was with me, in those deep waters. He held onto me and had a bigger plan.

Then I met my husband. We had 2 more children. We got married. (yup, everything backwards :D ). He encouraged me to go back to school to become a teacher. I finished 2 years undergrad and got my masters in a year, all while working full time. Was it stressful? ABSOLUTELY. But, of course, I wouldn't change a second of my life for anything. GOD was with me and is still with me. He is with each of us, even in those deep waters, when we are wondering WHY me? Don't worry, he knows :)

Take care!!

1 comment

  1. I found your blog through Beth's Worship Wednesday linky, and I'm glad that I did. Thanks for sharing your story. Blessings!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top