Thankful with a Freebie :)

On the day after Thanksgiving, I, like many other people, am able to sit and reflect upon what I am indeed thankful for.

First and foremost, I have to say that I am thankful for my loving and forgiving Lord God. Without him, I would be lost and broken. But through him, I have a purpose and this amazing path he has sent me on, is everything anyone could ever ask for, beautifully amazing :)

Of course, I am thankful for my family. I have been blessed with 4 amazing children, Karter, Katie, Christopher, and Alexa. What in the world I did to be blessed with these beautifully little people I will never know, but I am in awe of them each and every day, and I will love them more than they could ever understand. I am so thankful for my husband. He came into my life, and helped me find my way back to the path God has intended me to be on. I do not even want to think about where I would be without him. He has encouraged all my dreams and wants in the past 8 years, and without him I would have never accomplished all my dreams :) I am so blessed to have an amazing mother. I can count on her to be there for me, to listen, to ask advice, to cheer me up, or just to complain to :) I hope to have the kind of relationship with my own children that I have with her. I am so thankful to have a sister, who I can depend on and who I love for all she has done for and with my children. I am also thankful for my brother and sister-in-law. And although they are not close, I know they are there for us if we should need anything.  I am so thankful to be 31 years old and still have 3 living grandparents. I am thankful to have gotten to have 30 years with my grandfather, who past away this past April. I know he is in heaven drinking a beer, saying "Don't let the Easter bunny, kill ya". I am thankful that he passed on his sense of humor to me :)

I am thankful for all the friendships and relationships I've made throughout the years. Without my past, I wouldn't have this present, so I am eternally grateful for the people that made me the person who I am today.

I am thankful to live in the United States of America and be an American. I am so thankful for all the men and women who have risked everything for our country. I am thankful for the veterans, and every single person who is married to one. I am thankful that I have a job, and my co-workers-who I learn so much from each and every day. I am SO thankful for all the children who are in 1st grade at the school where I teach. They make it all worthwhile, and I am thankful that I get to teach them, because they are also teaching me :)

Because I am so thankful, here is a freebie to all my teacher friends I've created :) Hopefully you can use it in your classroom :) Wishing you a very Merry Christmas season :)

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Christmas-NO-PREP-Math-Printables-Common-Core-Aligned-FREEBIE-1530611

Love, Melanie

1 comment

Back to Top