Five for Friday Link-Up

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for their Five for Friday Weekly Link up!! I have often seen other bloggers post for Five for Friday, but I have never gotten around to linking up! So I am super excited for my first link-up for this :D

Last Friday May 29th we had our field day. It is an all day event. We rotate through 5 different events---kickball, water games, bounce house/blowup things/carnival games, clam digging (which is grabbing gems in baby pools with their toes--like a competition to see who gets the most), outside play (with sidewalk chalk, hula hoops, bubbles, and balls), and a indoor movie time (which is an episode of Magic School Bus). The kiddos OF COURSE loved it! It was a great day and we had great weather!! Do you have a full day field day at your school? Do you even have field day?



On Saturday, we got to go to my cousin's graduation party. My kiddos got to swim and play and it was so stinkin hot out! Within the first few minutes driving home, Christopher (5) was out!! I feel so successful when my kiddos are this tired!! Is that wrong?!? LOL

Just look at this kid! She is my heart, my love. She hates shoes, so Saturday evening when we went to her Daddy's dirt track race, she insisted (18months and insisting--I know look out for 2 years!) on not wearing her shoes and sitting on those nasty bleachers!! I guess I can say---I was letting her build her immune system!?! LOL Sometimes you just gotta let it be :)


So Tuesday June 2nd was my own children's last day of school. My oldest two, Karter and Katie, are now off for the summer with their younger 2 siblings, Christopher and Alexa. Looking at this picture is just crazy to me! To think I now have a 5th grader, and a 2nd grader, and Christopher will be going to KG next year! WHAT??! I'm sure you feel the same way about the babies (children/nieces/nephews/furbabies) in your life!!

So...last Thursday 5/28 I had my yearly woman check-up. I asked my gyno to make sure my IUD was there. Long story short, it wasn't! I hadn't felt any pain, it was more or less me being a paranoid freak thinking it was floating around in my body.....well out of the 1 million times of me being paranoid---I WAS RIGHT!!! So surgery was Thursday 6/4. I was told on Friday 5/29 that I'd have to have surgery. I was quite nervous and anxious. But everything went well, and I am recovering at home :)

My own students and I am in school until June 11th. So obviously this posed as a problem!! Thank goodness for some of the no prep resources I've created, as well as purchased from other FANTASTIC TpT authors. I was able to whip up some lesson plans real quick for the 5 days I would be out. But I also created this FREEBIE, that if you are still in school, maybe you could use as well, and I am leaving for my sub to use on the last FULL day of school! Summer & Reflection Task Cards FREEBIE K-5 



If you are already out of school, I hope you have a fantastically relaxing summer. And if you aren't finished yet---you are almost there!!!! Enjoy your time off :)


2 comments

  1. Oh my gosh what a scary surprise! Hope you have a quick recovery. Does that mean you will at least get to finish out the year with them?

    Our babies really grow up too fast, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a scare - glad it has gotten sorted for you!! Your field day looks fab - we have 'sports day' here. With the nature of our children and the age we tend not to do a full day with our class but we do a little bit in the morning and a little bit in the afternoon but others do a full day. It can be super busy and tiring but good fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top