Worship Wednesday Remembering PapPap

Today I am linking up with my blogging friend Adventures of a SchoolMarm for Worship Wednesday, a weekly linky party I look forward to!!


This week's Worship Wednesday post it a bit bittersweet for me. Last year, April 9, 2014 I look my grandfather, PapPap. We found out he had cancer not shortly before it took his life. He had a fabulous life. He lived to be 88 years old, and was up and running around until a few weeks before his death.

I was 30 years old when my grandfather died. My other 3 grandparents are still living. I am so thankful that my children have got to know my grandparents, it seriously means the world to me.
This picture was from 7 years ago, when I had Katie, and my PapPap and Boo (that's my grandma) came in the hospital to see their great-grandbaby :)

This picture is also about 6 years ago :) Whether PapPap was joking around or just giving some advice, you knew he cared. He was so funny in his dark humor kind of way. One time at Easter, my mom and I went over to visit him, with my oldest son, Karter (who was probably an infant). As we are leaving, PapPap says, "Don't let the Easter bunny kill ya." That joke has lived on with our family since he said it. In fact this year for Christmas, I got my brother a Christmas ornament that had a picture of him and PapPap on it that say "don't let the Easter bunny kill ya" on it. :)



Before PapPap passed, I had only knew 3 other people who had died. The first being my dear friend, Lauren's, grandmother. We were 15, she had lung cancer. She was like a 3rd grandma to me. She sent me birthday cards, and it was hard when she passed. The 2nd person was Charas Heurich. She sat in front of me in typing class my freshman year of high school. She was so nice. She was in a car accident and died. Also, my best friend Lauren, was in a horrible motorcycle accident when we were 21. Her boyfriend at the time, driving the motorcycle, was killed. Lauren survived, she had to get a rod in her leg, but she is now married with 3 beautiful little boys, and a 4th on the way. GOD has a purpose for it all. I've said it before, but even if we don't understand the why or why me---he does. It will all make sense. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not for a few years. Maybe you will never understand it as long as you live, but again, that's ok, because it's in HIS plan.

As much as we like to think we are in control, we aren't. I am just as guilty as anyone, I need to LET GO and LET GOD. Have faith in HIM and HIS PLAN :) Does it upset me that I lost my grandfather to cancer, OF COURSE! There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I think about him or wonder why this is such a thing as cancer. But it's not my place to question our father. He is the ALMIGHTY. He has a bigger plan. He is in control. I know in my heart, one day we will meet again. It will be amazing. Until then, I'm sure he's playing golf, and enjoying a Bud Light with our heavenly father.

Love,


No comments

Back to Top