Worship Wednesday 4/1/15

Good Morning! I am linking up with Adventures of a Schoolmarm for Worship Wednesday.





So this week I have been fortunate to be on spring break, for the entire week! Last year, we got a couple days off, but not an entire week! I'll be honest, the longest I've ever had off work, is not the summer time, but the 6 weeks I've taken off when each of my 4 children have been born. How depressing is that?!?! I know you may think, "But Melanie, you are a teacher?!?" I am sad to say that the past 2 years since I graduated with my Masters in Teaching, I have taught summer school, which takes up 7 weeks of my summer. So I have NEVER truly had a summer off! All that changes this year! I am not teaching summer school, I am spending that time with my babies :)

Ok so today's experience is inspired by my children. Have you ever read, "I'll love you forever" by Robert Munsch? Oh my, well if you want a good cry, go read it! Yes it's a children's book, but my goodness, it gets me every time!!

I absolutely love my children. It's overwhelming to me to think that my oldest is 10 already!?!? Where has time gone? I know I did things backwards, with having kids first, then finishing my college degree, and I wouldn't change a thing. However, while working on my degree, I feel like time was lost. Yes, I have more time off with them then I ever would have if I never would have finished school, but I still feel guilty about the 3 years I spent working on my college stuff.

As I'm sure you are aware, time goes by so quickly. We need to (or at least I need to) really take one day at a time, and truly enjoy it. This is all a gift, and at any moment, everything could change. I am thankful for all the blessings our Lord has given to me. I am going to work harder at truly living in the moment and enjoying these little people GOD has blessed me with, because they won't be little for very long!

God Bless :)

No comments

Back to Top