Spirit Week

PHHHEWWWW! What an exhausting week! Spirit week, or maybe you have a Red Ribbon Week, is so much fun, wouldn't you agree? But man o day, anything outta the normal routine is just cray cray for my kiddos! Let's be real--for all kiddos!!


The week started off in proper crazy fashion, Mismatch day. I attempted to mis-match everything from my black and yellow striped Irma to my red apple leggings. I had different socks on, which happened to be my 10 year old daughters 😜 , I wore two different kinds of earrings, and different Toms. It's so funny, because as silly as I thought I looked, my kiddos didn't bat an eye at my outfit! That's a great perk to teaching--as crazy or awful or silly as you think you may look, the kids never notice!


Tuesday was crazy hair day. In years past, this was MY day. I went all out. I would tease my hair, put that color hairspray in it, deck it out with spiders, and sometimes string some garland through it. This year I downplayed the crazy. I put my hair in a bun, and put some white colored yarn to look like a web. I then hot glued some spiders to bobby pins, and just bobby pinned them in. My teacher bestie and I also wore our matching SPOOKtacular Teacher from Missy LuLus


Wednesday was dress like a book character. My bestie and one of my teammates and I weren't sure what to dress up like, but when she text me "What about Piggie & Elephant?" I was all for it! She wore all pink and I wore all gray. I had purchased some elephant gear, but when it arrived it didn't exactly look as I had envisioned, so I just ended up using gray cardstock for the nose and ears. The kiddos went bananas over our costumes! They recognized right away who we were, and giggled at our signs. Piggies said, "We are at a school?" and Elephants said, "Yes, Piggie, we are at a school."


So our idea of our onesie jammies was semi-inspired from my 10 year old daughters trick-or-treat costume, and also a student whom loves unicorns. The fact that these unicorn onesies were fairly inexpensive, there were a variety of colors, and we got them in 2 days, also helped! The kids, as well as our co-workers, thought we were super cute 😍 We have had an unseasonable warm week though, so it was a bit toasty. Luckily I had on a shirt underneath and was able to rock that during class time.


For the past 2 years (this year being year 3), our school has done a fundraiser called the "Turkey Trot". Students and staff are encouraged to wear their best turkey costumes. And our fifth grade teachers always dress in camouflage and hunting attire :) I normally wear my turkey leggings, and this year my fabulous teammate made me this beautiful tulle skirt.  When I arrived at school, it was pouring, but luckily the weather cleared up and we were able to have our turkey trot outside. The kids just had to stay on the sidewalks, but it was fun!


I am so blessed to work with such a great staff and wonderful students and families! Let me know what your school does for Red Ribbon or Spirit week!




**I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.**

No comments

Back to Top