January Currently

I'm linking up with the super-fab Farley of Oh Boy Fourth Grade for January Currently!! What a better way to start my 2016!

So I am the momma of 4 youngsters :) Karter (10), Katie (7), Christopher a.k.a. Buddy (6), and Alexa (2). My olders aren't really into snuggling much anymore, so I soak up as much as I can with my baby girl, Lex. Currently, she is finding it hilarious to make her new baby (Christmas present) cry, and then plugging her bottle in her mouth to make her make a gulping sound. Now to any normal human being, this crying baby is seriously annoying, however, the fact that Lex is giggling uncontrollably by doing this, just make me laugh. Seriously, lights up my world :)

Ok, so everyone has different family traditions. I have never heard of eating pork and sauerkraut, until I married my husband. I am from Maryland, born and raised. In fact, we only live 45 minutes from where I grew up. However, my husbands' family traditions are ones that I never heard of!! Anyway, since we first started living together, we have always had pork and sauerkraut as our first dinner of the New Year--he says this was something his grandad always said you MUST have, so we do it :)

Oh man....only 3 more days off. I have my planning done for January, but just the thought of going back.....don't get me wrong, I love my job. BUT....I have loved this time off with my kids and family!!

So one of my goals for 2016 is to re-do our living room. We couldn't afford to re-do the whole house when we moved in 6 years ago. We re-did the carpets and painted the bedrooms, hallways, and kitchen, but the living room was not done. In comparison, it wasn't as in need of being re-done at the time, but NOW....it is my goal in 2016 to have it redone. New floors, new paint, new furniture, new everything!!

I think I've been to the grocery store 3 times this past week. Once for groceries, once for supplies for what I made for New Years Eve, and then the 3rd time for ingredients for what my husband needed for what he was cooking on New Years Eve. But in all those journeys....I didn't get coffee. I didn't realize that we were about out of coffee....until this morning. And if we didn't live 20 minutes from a gas station or town, then I would have already headed to get some :)

My one little word is determined. For 2016, it's all about being determined. I'm determined to be a better me. With that, I mean that I want to be a better mother, wife, teacher, tpt author, daughter, friend, sister. Now, yes, that seems incredibly overwhelming. But, I've thought a lot about it. And too much time is spent on the piddly insignificant things. Such as complaining on what to make for dinner, rather than just making it. Or chatting with co-workers during my planning, rather than getting actual planning done so I don't have to take work home with me--which takes away from my family time.

Wishing you all the best in 2016!!

3 comments

  1. Great word for the year! It is so true that it's just better to get it done!!
    Wishing you a wonderful new year for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Four little kids and a teacher...you are wonder woman in my eyes! Hope you reach your goals in 2016, but even more I hope you have a happy and healthy one! Enjoy the rest of your break and don't try to conquer the world your first day back! LOL!

    Kathy
    Third Grade Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy your planning accomplishment! I think Monday is going to smack me w reality HARD! lol :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top